Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: Tmobile

Trackpad won't scroll

A few weeks ago I was on my phone and it was dying, I went to get the charger but it had already died. I plugged it in and turned it on but the scroller wouldn't move. It would click but no matter what I tried it wouldn't move. I looked it up and it said it needed to be wiped, so stupidly I wiped my phone. But still, nothing. It would just click. Now, it's stuck on terms and conditions and non-usable. I've had to use my old blackberry which is falling apart Smiley Sad I tried looking again online to see if there was any other solutions and I came across one saying that the software needed to be update. I did that and waited over an hour, yet no change. It won't move and I really want to use the phone again since I thought it was really good! It's kind of put my of blackberry's because I'd only had it for a couple of months.

I don't know if it has warranty or insurance or anything!

It's a Blackberry 9360 curve, pay as you go. Any suggestions would really be helpful! Thanks x

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Trackpad won't scroll

Hello Chloebb,

The following article may help regarding the issue you are experiencing with the trackpad on your BlackBerry smartphone:

Trackpad, trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29640

If this process fails to resolve the issue, please contact your point of sale for options.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Trackpad won't scroll

yes but you have bought a new phone and i have had the same problem as have many people, but you will either have to send it in for repairs after completing a number of "troubleshooting exercises" or get a replacement second hand phone.