Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Transfer Address Book Question

I have an 8800 and just purchased a 9000. My 8800 has a bad usb port. Is there a way to transfer my data (address book or other info) via bluetooth between the 2 phones??

If not can anyone suggest a good place to send it out to get the usb repaired. or another idea.

Thanks

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Transfer Address Book Question

For the transfer, the best method would be to use BT to sync to Outlook for all your contacts, calendar, memos and tasks.

For the repair work, check out www.horizonwirelessonline.com. There are others, but I trust these guys.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

You can try connecting you device via bluetooth to desktop manager. This might slove your problem. However, you can transfer your addressbook via addressbook.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Yet another option--IF you have a recent back of the older BB, is to use the backup *.IPD file and do an advanced restore to the new device of only those databases you want.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Well I may be missing it but I don't see a way to transfer address book from Phone to Phone.. I can pair them but I don't see an option to transfer address book..Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Using Bluetooth to your Laptop or PC running Desktop Manager, and sync MS Outlook.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Address Book Question

Hi ,

Love the forum. Thanks

My old Motorola Razr phone's  sim card could not be transferred to my new Bold 9000 via the AT&T retialer's "sim card transfer tool". Now,  I have 2 options -to hand-type all 250 of these contacts to the New Bold 9000. OR can I upload to the new 9000 from a word doc. using which particular  Blkberry Bold9000 desktop menus ?

Please advice.

I truly appreciate any sugesstions.

thank you

simsan