Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Smarthphone CURVE 9300
My Carrier: VIVO - BRAZIL

Transfer Contact List to Google Cloud

[ Edited ]

I have a reasonable Contact Data Bank and am trying to transfer this 1500 informations to the Google Cloud. I was instructed to download directly fros Blackberry Download a tool named "GOOGLE.SYNC". This is really impossible, the way to do it is very complicated, take to much time, the instructions are to big and extense.

Is ther any easy way to download this tool? Repeating; How to transfer my Datas from my Blackberry Curve 9300 to the Google Cloud? Thanks for any help.  Miguel Gross  

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Transfer Contact List to Google Cloud

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Before you start, you should first make a full and complete backup of your BB...instructions can be found via a link in my auto-sig on this post.

Assuming your sole data source is on your BB itself, then you simply should need to activate that GMail account to your BB and enable wireless Contact sync:

• KB19269 What is Google Mail contact synchronization

If that does not work, then you might instead want to export your Contacts from your BB to your computer, into CSV format...and then import those into GMail (Google has a tool to do the import from your computer). To do so, you need to be using a version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software that is 6 or earlier, which you can obtain here:

Then you would use that to export from your BB:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

Then you would use Google's tool to import from your PC to their servers.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Smarthphone CURVE 9300
My Carrier: VIVO - BRAZIL

Re: Transfer Contact List to Google Cloud

[ Edited ]

Thank you fou this detailed instructions. I am at this moment travelling out of my City. Next week I will make this procedure. Thanks for all help. Miguel Gross