Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Transfer Contacts to Volvo C30

I can't get my Blackberry Bold to correctly transfer my contacts to my new Volvo C30.  Blackberry tells me it's Volvo's fault and Volvo tells me it's Blackberry's fault, they all say it's AT&T's fault, and AT&T says it's everyone else's fault!  I have spent hours on the phone with tech support for all those companies and no one can help me.  It transfers the phone numbers twice rather than the name and phone number.  Anyone have this problem?  What did you do?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Transfer Contacts to Volvo C30

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is an article of supported carkits, I didn't see Volvo.

I suggest (if you haven't already:

1) Get the name and manufacturer of the Carkit.

2) Contat them to see what Bluetooth Drivers are used

Let us know what they say, or I'll do some research when I can, OK?

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04009&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Have you seen this article?

http://www.c30world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4161

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

It is interesting that you are suffering the exact same problem that I am except for the fact my Volvo is a V70 and nearly three years old.  My last Smartphone was a Curve 8310 and it communicated perfectly with the car.  Unfortunately the tracker ball developed a fault and my phone was upgraded to the Curve 8900.  Now all I get is two telephone numbers and the numbers seem to be ordered from lowest to highest.  No contact names are displayed thus rendering the device useless as a business tool in the car.  Now I am no expert but I think this is a software conflict that has arisen caused by the more modern Smartphone.   I need help and certainly don't wnat to be past from pillar to post with Blackberry blaming Volvo and Volve blaming Blackberry.....