Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Transfer backed up Data : Blackberry Bold 9930 (DEAD)

Dear Forum Members:

My Blackberry Bold 9930 fell into a lake (never to be found) and I want to try to retrieve some data I backed up (from Blackberry 9930) onto my Desktop Blackberry Software on Laptop (through Sync process).

I have a backup Blackberry Curve 9330 and it is up and running. 

Please let me know, if I can Switch Device to Blackberry Curve 9330  on Desktop Blackberry Software.

I really want to get my backed up Memo Notes and Pictures from Blackberry Bold 9930 and upload those files to Blackberry Curve 9330.

Please help!

Thanks, cbbond1

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Transfer backed up Data : Blackberry Bold 9930 (DEAD)

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Dear Forum Members:

The Blackberry Bold 9930 data that I want to retrieve from Blackberry Desktop software will be restored to a 'different' device - a Blackberry Curve 9330.

Will the steps be the same and will data from Blackberry Bold 9930 be restored to Blackberry Curve 9330 without problems (i.e. append to data already on Blackberry Curve 9330) ??

Please help!

Thanks, Casey

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes. You can restore the back up from any BBOS device to any other BBOS device regardless of model.

Be aware that photos may or may not be included depending on where they were stored on the old device. If the photos were stored on a media card or separate built-in media storage location then those are not backed up in a standard backup. You would have needed to copy those pictures directly off of the device or sync them using Desktop Software. The 9930 does have a separate media storage location on the device so it's possible that your photos won't be included.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!