Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 8310
My Carrier: BlackBerry user

Transfer contacts from BB to Mac

Hi,

I have an old BB 8310 and a iMac 10.5.8. I use BlackBerry Destop Sftware 2.1.3 (build 10) on my iMac.

I don't understand how to transfer the contacts of my BB onto my iMac a way or another.

Please, someone can explain this to me ?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Transfer contacts from BB to Mac

Hey W0nvel,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is very easy to do, in BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac click on Contacts and change the sync to 2 way and click on the green sync button in the top right.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: bold
My Carrier: lime

Hello,

I also am having problems synching my contacts to my mac bb desktop software.  on the software, it says that I have synched the contacts but there isn't anything on the contacts page (on the desktop).  since synching my phone, all of my contacts have erased from my phone and i cannot find them on the desktop software.  PLEASE HELP!!! I need my contacts. 

Thanks!!!

Retired

Hey keanetix,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

So just to summarize, you perform a sync and no contacts are in the Mac or on the BlackBerry?  Did you create a backup recently?  If you did you can restore the contacts, but if you didn't.... these contacts are gone.

-ViciousFerret

Hello,
Thanks for the quick reply. Yesterday was the first time that I had tried to back up the bb to the mac. While in the process of backing up the bb to the mac, it said that the phone was not connected and to reconnect. I unplugged the phone and didn't do anything else. Today, I realized that all of my contacts were no longer on my phone but an apple contact was put on my phone (which wasn't there before). Anyway, I opened up the desktop software today and it says that the phone was synched and that there was a backup yesterday but when I hit the contacts icon there is nothing there. Does that mean that nothing was really backed up?
Retired

Thanks for the quick reply.

If you go into Restore and see a backup file there and there is no number beside contacts, that means there is no contacts in that backup file.

-ViciousFerret

So I should plug the phone back to the computer, hit the restore icon and then see if there is a number next to the contacts. if there is, then I can hit restore and hopefully the contacts will go back to my phone. but if there is no number next to contacts then I'm out of luck. The question is though, how did all contacts just disappear from phone and a random apple contact appear on my phone?
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: 6048614259

Re: Transfered my contacts from BB to Mac all lost??????

I followed your instructions on the forum and got the same bad result as Keanetix. No contacts remain on my BB curve 9320 and none in my Mac laptop contacts folder. Nothing in restore folder either. What happened?