Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Transfer contacts via Bluetooth from Nokia N95 to BB Bold - HELP!

I just got a Bold, and I'm trying to transfer contacts from my Nokia N95 to the Bold via Bluetooth.  I've succesfully paired the devices, and I can send a contact from the Bold to the N95, but every attempt at the revese fails!  I've also tries to send pictures and MP3s with the same restult - "Transfer Failed".  I can see on the Bold where it connects - with a "<>" next to the Bluetooth symbol, but it always fails!

HELP!

Thanks,

Colin 

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

Re: Transfer contacts via Bluetooth from Nokia N95 to BB Bold - HELP!

I have the same problem with bluetoothing contacts from my N95 to my new Bold. I also tried sending a file via the bluetooth on my laptop, but that didn't work even though the two were paired.

You can send images, videos and music: here's how:

Prep the file on your N95, i.e. choose photo you wish to send, while it's still in the carosel mode, press options, choose send via bluetooth. Before choosing the destination (BlackBerry Bold), go to your bold, scroll to the relevant folder i.e media>pictures then press the menu button, you will see an option to receive using bluetooth. choose this, and immediately go back to the N95 and choose the Bold as the destination. Now the Bold will accept the photo.

I tried this same method for contacts, but it didn't work, so if anyone out there can help us? It would be really appreciated.

Contributor

I tried with my Imate JasJam also, with the exact same results.  It seems that the BB Bold needs to be "ready to recieve" BEFORE another phone initiates the transfer.  The software can do this but we can't - yet, and I don't know why, but help would be greatly apprecitaed!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Colinrootz and welcome to the forums!

Here is the 9000 series user manual with the Bluetooth specs:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/2970/userguide_bb9000_umts.pdf

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your reply is much appreciated!

The link you posted seems to be thae same as the User Guide that comes on the CD included in the BB Bold package. I've already been through it and can't seem to extract the necessary info, so I think a little more technical assistance is needed in this case. Perhaps anyone with a similar experience who has made some headway?

Thanks again,

Colin

Message Edited by colinrootz on 10-02-2008 09:55 AM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Ok,

Good Luck!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter