Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Transfer my saved data on computer from old Torch to a new Torch

I have my data saved on Blackberry desktop . I replaced my old Torch with a newer one. How do I transfer the data I saved on my desktop to the new Torch. Currently the desktop identifies both Torch phones , but I can't find the data I saved to download to the new Torch ( my contact lists, address book etc etc)

Super Contributor
My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Transfer my saved data on computer from old Torch to a new Torch

The files are usually saved as either .ipd or .bbb files, try doing a seach on your PC for those files.  That might reveal their location.  Smiley Happy  Also IF you ever upgraded your OS, your computer (Desktop Manager) made it's own backup and you should be able to find that it's called loaderbackup.  If you do a search for loaderbackup.* you should be able to find those, they will have a date in the file name also.  Go with the latest dated one.  That is if you CAN'T find the real backup you made.  Smiley Happy

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy