Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Transfer passwords Q10 to Bold 9900

How can I transfer my passwords from password keeper when going from a Q10 phone to a Bold 9900? From a 9900 to Q10 all that was needed was a backup of the 9900 from the desktop application software, then to use Link for the Q10, and restore the backup. Going from Q10 to Bold 9900, I can not resttore a backup done from The link application. I found the file from Link on the PC which is a BBP file, but for the Bold password keeper, I need a .ipd file. Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Transfer passwords Q10 to Bold 9900

Hello Snow,

Currently transferring backup files from a BlackBerry 9900 smartphone to a BlackBerry Q10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link is not an available feature.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Please understand, I need to go FROM Q10 to bold 9900. Your response referred to the wrong sequence. How can I transfer passwords from password keeper on the Q10 TO bold 9900? I do not like the Q 10 and find the Bold 9900 works better. But my old bold 9900 was stolen. I have 200+ passwords to transfer from the Q10. I don't want to do this manually. Please tell me that Blackberry can provide support to downgrade from Q10 to Bold 9900! If no help is provided....you will lose a loyal customer.
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hi Snow,

Sorry for the confusion I worded that incorrectly, it should have said transferring files from a BlackBerry Q10 smartphone to a BlackBerry 9900 smartphone using BlackBerry Link is not an available feature.

I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!