Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: sprint
Accepted Solution

Transfering contacts and pics

How do I save all my contacts, pics and apps from my old BB 8350i and then transfer it to my new BB Bold?  Sprint guy said I could just log onto BB.com and I could just download my 8350i.  I cannot find anything on the website.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Transfering contacts and pics

Sounds like the Sprint guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Typical.

You will need to download BlackBerry Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com/desktop.

Install that software.

Once installed, make a full backup of your 8350i. Then plug in the new Bold and restore that backup file to the new Bold.

You will want to download your applications fresh from Appworld so that they are the proper versions for the new device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!