Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Accepted Solution

Transfering contacts from a sim card to the phone?

Hey everyone, I have an old sim card with contacts on it how would i sync these contacts on the phone so i dont hasve to spend hours typing every contact

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Transfering contacts from a sim card to the phone?

Hello,

If the SIM will work in your BB, these steps should do it:

1. On the BlackBerry smartphone, open the Address Book application.
  2. Display the menu and select SIM Phone Book.
  3. Display the menu and select Copy All to Address Book. The contacts are copied to the Address Book.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

when i finally managed to get 260 from sim all the phone numbers were stored under work and contacts with more than one number were entered as individual contacts. hopefully you wont have the same problem as i had to still go into each one and change them to work/home/mobile 2 etc.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

yea i had to do all individually... sucked but oh well its done Smiley Tongue

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Unfortunately, that's just how it works. SIM cards have a much less robust address book than does the BB; they store one entry to one phone number. As such, when imported to a more robust address book (as is the BB), you wind up with that result. The only thing to do is to get them into a PC-based PIM (e.g., Outlook) and do the manipulation there, then re-synchronize that back to the BB and it'll be clean again.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................