Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Transfering contacts list

Sorry if this has already been posted before, I have already checked on a few pages to no sucess.

I have recently just recieved my blackberry storm and havent got a clue how to transfer my contacts from my old phone (SE K850i) to the BB Storm?

I have done a google search and found I have to upload my contact list to my computer and save it as a csv file??? I havent got a clue how to do this!!

I cant bluetooth my list over as my old K850i doesnt seem to find the Storm. I think I have all the software on my computer and am ready to go but just need some guidance if anyone out there can offer it to me?

Many thanks in advance

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Transfering contacts list

Not to worry folks, I managed to suss it out.

I had the old software for my K850i on my laptop which I uploaded my list to that program. I then syncronised it with my outlook/ documents. From there I went into the BB program under Syncronisation it has a tab on the left had side. connect your mobile and hit the sync button, this should hopefully start downloading all your old numbers to your phone.

Its not worth asking me complicated questions, im very much in the dark as many others out there