Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

Transferring BBM contacts from old number, old (Curve 8520) to new number, new phone (9360)

Hi,

I am having trouble transferring my BBM contacts through the Blackberry desktop software from my old Curve phone to my new one. Although my adress book has been successfully transferred, the BBM contacts havent been. Could this have to do with the fact that I have changed both SIM and phone? Please advise

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Tesco(UK)

Re: Transferring BBM contacts from old number, old (Curve 8520) to new number, new phone (9360)

Make sure both blackberrys are running bbm version 7, then all you need todo is sign in with the other one and your BBM contacts should be on the other phone!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Transferring BBM contacts from old number, old (Curve 8520) to new number, new phone (9360)

Thanks. On my old phone, the version is 5.0.2.12. I went to app world, but there isnt an updated version available there. And upgrading the old BBM is the only way I can bring it on par with my new phone

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

If you are not on BBM7 (your device OS is not relevant to this question), then you need to conduct the manual BBM Contact Backup/Restore method, as BBM Contacts are not included in the Desktop Software Backup/Restore...you can find instructions within the backup link in my auto-sig on this post.

If you are on BBM7, then your BBM Contacts are not actually stored on your BB at all...rather, they are stored "in the cloud" with your BB ID. Using the same BBID on both devices will thereby reflect the same BBM contacts.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................