Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Transferring Contacts from my Nokia N95 8gb to my Blackberry Storm

How to transfer contacts to a Blackberry Storm from a Nokia N95 8gb?
I've just received a Blackberry Storm 9500. As lovely as it is i can't seem to transfer my contacts from my Nokia N95 phone to my Blackberry.

I have my contacts saved to my Nokia N95 as i have far too many to save to my sim.

How can i transfer my contacts off my Nokia phone onto my Blackberry?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Transferring Contacts from my Nokia N95 8gb to my Blackberry Storm

Hi and Welcome!

Though I've never used it, there is a device switch wizard included with the desktop software. Not sure if it's compatible with your Nokia, but check it out.

The key is extracting the data from your Nokia -- which will be a function of Nokia rather that RIM/BB. If you can extract it to a file (csv, etc.) to your PC, you should be able to import it to the Storm. But you first have to get the data out of your Nokia. Perhaps there is a Nokia support forum somewhere that you can search/ask?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Not Specified

Transferring Contacts from my Nokia N95 8gb to my Blackberry Storm

Hello,

Please tell me the way to transfer all Contacts from Nokia N95 to my new Blackberry 8900 smartphone

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Transferring Contacts from my Nokia N95 8gb to my Blackberry Storm

Hi!

I have no idea how to operate your Nokia, but here is a link to the instructions for switching from one SmartPhone to another.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05421&slic...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05459&slic...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................