Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Transferring Contacts from one Blackberry to another using Bluetooth

Does anyone know how to transfer the contacts between two devices? I have them hooked up via bluetooth so they see each other but not sure how to transfer the contacts. We are moving from one device to another and the logical way would be to use the sync on a computer but we are waiting on a new machine for this user and thought to try the bluetooth. Any ideas?

Thanks,

CB

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Transferring Contacts from one Blackberry to another using Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

According to the theis BB article you can't:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05343&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Sorry!

Please let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks

If this answers your question please resolve the post using the green check in the post that had the answer!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-04-2008 01:14 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I have described one possible solution similar to your query  at this link http://www.ehow.com/how_4543575_transfer-address-book-blackberry-phone.html

In this article, I have described transferring contacts from Sony Ericsson phone to Blackberry which is a tough job.

In your case, since it is going to be 2 blackberry devices, it sounds easier. You can use Desktop Manager and make this transfer.

Cbrownski,

I recently was shipped another Blackberry Bold and for two days I was on the phone with At&t and now reading forums to find out how to transfer my contacts from one smartphone to another. Well after all this researching, I finally figured it out. Do not download anything but the Blackberry Desktop Manager ( I have 4.6).

Once you have completely downloaded this software, get a USB cord, plug that into phone and computer.

On the desktop manager, click on icon "Backup and Restore".  Then "Backup". Once your backup is done, plug your new phone in and click on "Restore", icon to the right of Backup, and click on file name ex: backup-(2009-06-19) ipd file. Once you do that you will Address book and other applications and or files. If you do not have both phones are blackberry then you might have to click on advance and select the address book and delete others. Hope this helps anyone.

Jessica

My Device: bb9700 bold
My Carrier: VODAFONE

HI THANKS A LOT UR POST HAS HELPED ME TO EASILY TRANSFER MY CONTACTS EXT TO MY NEW BB

TASNEEM

My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: virgin

Hi Thanks that really helped me! I transferred my contacts from my Blackberry Pearl to my Blackberry Curve!

Although With my new blackberry i started putting in new contacts in my adressbook before i transferred my old contacts. What are you supposed to do about the contact you already have in the new phone? I ended up loseing all my new contacts after i transferred my old ones in? What should i have done? Was there something i was supposed to do?

My Device: Blackberry 8100
My Carrier: cellone

how to transfer contacts from bb 8100 to sony ericson hazel

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

knmurthyntpc wrote:

how to transfer contacts from bb 8100 to sony ericson hazel

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please see this KB for informative information:

• KB05343 Contacts in the address book can only be shared with Bluetooth enabled car kits

Hope that helps explain how it works.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: curve 8350
My Carrier: metropcs

It's actually very easy when you use Desktop Manager Smiley Wink

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks jessica! You're a life saver. I just got the torch & needed to transfer my contacts. Done!

Stacey