Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Transferring contacts to SIM card

How do I copy my contacts to my SIM card and how do I set my phone up so that any new entry will go to the SIM card and not the phone?

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Transferring contacts to SIM card

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here are some links for reference.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB16358 How to export a contact's phone number to a SIM card

9800 series V7 user manual_ Contacts on SIM

"Replace or merge contacts on your wireless service provider's contact
backup server
In order to perform this task, you will need to sign up for your wireless service provider's contact backup service and you must
have backed up your SIM card phone book to your wireless service provider's contact backup server. When you insert a new
SIM card in your BlackBerry® smartphone, you can choose to replace or merge that SIM card's phone book with the contacts
that you have backed up on your wireless service provider's contact backup server.
1. Insert a new SIM card into your smartphone or switch your SIM card.
2. On the home screen, click the Contacts icon.
3. When prompted to sign up for contact backup service, select Yes.
• To replace your SIM card phone book with the contacts you backed up to your wireless service provider's contact
backup server, click Delete.
• To merge your SIM card phone book with the contacts you backed up to your wireless service provider's contact
backup server, click Do Not Delete.
4. Click Next.
Change or delete a SIM card contact
1. In the contact list, press the key > SIM Phone Book.
2. Highlight a contact.
• To change a SIM card contact, press the key > Edit. Change the contact information. Press the key > Save.
• To delete a SIM card contact, press the key > Delete."

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Transferring contacts to SIM card

Having just read this reply to the query of backing up BB contacts to a SIM card - it is truly laborious and stupid.

RIM claiming to have a fully professional hardware and software platform should at least recognize their need to be at least matching the major competitors in the common smartphone and SIM card functions.

All RIM products should allow contact list transfer to and from a BB device via the onboard SIM management tool without having to resort to any online, third party or even their own desktop applications.

Such common functions are needed in the private and business world so it is not surprising that RIM are falling behind in the mobile phone market place.

Martin Davies, United Kingdom