Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Transferring media files to computer

Xandrex,

Roger that. I uninsalled everything. Then, downloaded and installed exactly the file you suggested. Rebooted, and once again, same result.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to look into a new media card maybe. This is a brand new phone. Not too happy. Am I going to regret keeping this thing?? I really like the BB otherwise, but these file transfers are going to be necessary. Are you guys happy with your BBs? I still plan to take it into Sprint tomorrow first to see if they can make it happen. I ordered it online, so something tells me they're not going to be eager to assist, but we'll see.

Tanzim,

That is exactly how the media card is configured, except I have "prompt" for mass storage instead of "yes". And I've tried it in both modes. Nothing I have done so far has changed anything ;-(

Thanks

-Dan 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

dano2 wrote:

I really like the BB otherwise, but these file transfers are going to be necessary. Are you guys happy with your BBs?

file transfers are also important for me. Since they work perfectly, I am happy with my Blackberry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Dano2,

You've got a great phone, just running into some startup problems is all. Come back and tell us what happened!

Good Luck

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

You didn't mention whether you can access, copy and use that memory card in any other devices or not.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Curve

does this also work for getting pictures from the BB to the computer? I do not have a memory card, so will I be able to retrieve these files from BB?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

PhilaBB wrote:
does this also work for getting pictures from the BB to the computer? I do not have a memory card, so will I be able to retrieve these files from BB?

You can't with the Windows Explorer.

You'll have to send them to yourself by email, or use a decicated program (maybe the Roxio one will b able to see these files, I don't know).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Ok. Little late on this, but just to say I brought my BB into the Sprint store and it was recommended that I purchase a little media card adapter for $10 at Radio Shack. I'm not crazy about having to remove the card everytime I wish to transfer (since that involves opening up the BB, removing the battery, then the card and having to put everything back together again) but I can now USB in and access the info on the card. Yeehaa!

Thanks for the help! 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Dano,

If that floats your boat please resolve the post using the options by the Kudo's star! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue.  Finally got my computer (running Vista) to see my Blackberry.  Actually, it had seen it, it was just not showing up because I had a drive letter conflict.  The solution (below) worked for me.

Solution below (found here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=54456&page=2 )

Check and see if you are having a conflict between some other drive and the Windows mapping to your SD card (easily said, not so easily explained).

For some reason, I almost always have to reset the drive letter that windows assigned to my Curve SD Card.

1. Right click on My Computer,

2. select "Manage" -

3. pick "Storage - Disk management" and look for the removable disk.

4. Help to get to that screen and then plug in the Blackberry to the USB cable - watch for the removable disk to appear.

5. You can then right click on the removable disk and select a drive letter like "X:" or "N:" - something far away from others you use. The card should then appear on your computer (assuming you have enabled mass storage, formatted the card, etc, etc).

I cannot explain why this does this - happens on my work computer and not my home computer. Cannot find a way to make it find a clear drive by itself. Cheap fix and sometimes happens with other USB drives so it is a handy thing to know how to do.....

Good luck.

Message Edited by d-woo on 09-09-2008 02:56 PM