Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Transferring photos to computer

I have a couple of photos on my phone that I would like to send to my computer, but I do not have e-mail.  I access "Desktop Manager" regularly to connect to my computer, but this this is only sync my database.  It will not let me access "media manager", which is most likely the function that I need to use to transfer the images.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Transferring photos to computer

If the photos are on device memory then you need Media Manager.  If they are on a MicroSD media card then you can just use Windows to drag and drop the files from the removable drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks, John.  After your suggestion, I worked harder to get the Media Manager feature to respond and was finally able to download the photos.

I am also having troubles tranferring photos from my 8310 Curve to my laptop windows xp and vista. The pics are on the device memory no SD card installed but it doesn't move the pics over or recognize the bb in the media mgr but it recognizes it in windows and the desktop s/w

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

your pictures are stored in the internal memory of your blackberry, as opposed to the Memory card.
you have to move the pictures one by one from the internal memory to the memory card.

to do so, you have to go in the Media Explorer. from the homescreen : media >> hit menu key >> explore
then choose an image and move it to the pictures folder in the media card folder.

once you have do that, you can plug your blackberry and use it as en external hard disk and use drag n drop with Windows Explorer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

First of all, please advise how I can tell if my photos are on the device memory or the other thing that you mentioned.

As I am not sure if I have that other thing, I guess that my photos are on the devices memory.

I need a few more specifics, then, than posted here on how to transfer to my computer. STEP BY STEP instructions.  Where do I find "Media Manager"? for example.  I loaded all the software that came with the phone onto my harddrive, but non of it seems to connect me with the photographs on the phone, and none of it specifically says "Media Manager". HOWEVER, the side of the box for the phone says, "Blackberry User Tools CD which includes Blackberry v 4.2 with Media Manager".

So I must have Media Manager, but where?  How do I use it?  SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE!

Thanks for any help that you can give me.  I can't even find the software that is needed, so I need a lot of help!

Message Edited by jrfriedman on 03-15-2009 02:37 AM
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

uninstall desktop manager 4.2 and go get 4.7 from your providers site

media manager is an option on the main menu screen of desktop maanger when you open it

2 ways to see if you have a microSD card in your device

a. pull the battery and see if you ahve a little black card plugged in, beside your sim card and a little smaller than your sim card.

b. goto options, media card, and goto the bottom, it will either give you the size of your media card or it will say no media card inserted

New Contributor

Thanks so much!

Now I have another problem. I think that I have themodel 8300 from memory. I had to send in the information from the side of the box that it came in for my "rebate", so it is no longer on the box.

The Blackberry people, for reasons that I don't quite understand, don't put the model number on the outside of the device. Is there any way I can tell from the device what model it is? I need to know before I can download the software.

You guys have been really helpful.  I appreciate it very much.

Jeff

New Contributor

Never mind - I got it.

I navigated to "options"

I have a Blackberry 8310 Smartphone (Edge). 

v4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30)

Because it says v4.2.2.170, are you sure that I should download the 4.7 to my computer?

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

yes 4.7 desktop manager will work, once you have 4.7 DTM installed you can then download and upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 OS on your 8310