Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Blackberry Tourch 9800
My Carrier: BellAliant

Transferring "MS Outlook Contact Data to my BB Torch 9800

I was told by the sales person to hook my phone up to my computer and  choose the "Sync" Option" and it would transfer my Outlook Contacts automatically...................Not so!

How do I transfer my "Contacts" from "Oulook" to my BB Torch 9800 phone?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Transferring "MS Outlook Contact Data to my BB Torch 9800

You need to install Blackberry Desktop Manager to let Outlook talk to the Blackberry.

You can download it from www blackberry.com/desktop
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Transferring "MS Outlook Contact Data to my BB Torch 9800

The below mentioned steps can be followed in BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0

Step -1: Turn off wireless synchronization

To synchronize your organizer data, you must turn off wireless synchronization for each type of organizer data that you want to synchronize using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

1. On your BlackBerry device, in the Calendar application, Contacts application, Tasks application, or MemoPad, press the Menu key > Options.
  2. If necessary, click a calendar or contact list.
  3. Change the Wireless Synchronization field to No or clear the Wireless Synchronization check box.
  4. Press the Menu key > Save.

Step -2: Set up organizer data synchronization

1. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
  2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer > Configure settings.
  3. In the Intellisync setup window, select the check box beside an organizer application.
  4. Click Setup.
  5. In the Available desktop applications list, click the organizer application on your computer.
  6. Click Next.
  7. Select the synchronization directions you want for the data in your organizer application.
  8. Click Next > Finish.
  9. To set up synchronization for another organizer application, repeat steps 3 to 8.

Step -3: Synchronize your organizer data

Before you begin: To perform this task, you must first set up organizer data synchronization. Also, on your BlackBerry device, wireless synchronization must be turned off for each type of organizer data that you want to synchronize.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer.

Review the organizer applications and settings that are selected for synchronization and, if necessary, make changes.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit