Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Trapped between Blackberry Warranty and Bell Service provider

I have a blackberry bold 9900. Aprox 2 years old. Have 1 year left on Bell contract. I pay $7.00 / mth extra for the smart/phone care plan/warranty. My phone is constantly shutting down while its 100% charged, and then has no battery life to re-start. I basically have to have it plugged in for it to work.

My options are -

1) Exercise the smart/phone insurance protection plan that I have been paying $7.00/mth for the past 2 years and they will send me an outdated refurbished Bold 9900 for $150.00!!  The stores dont even carry these phones anymore.

2)I I have to payout my current contract (approx $120.00) and they will "give me" an new Q5 for no cost and a new 3 yr contract. Not sure how this is any kind of deal as it is offered to everyone on their website.

I just basically want my 2 yr old phone to work,,,i dont wont to pay $150 to have it replaced with an outdated discontinued refurbished model, especially after paying extra each month for protection. And i dont want to payout my current contract when I would be renewing again for 3 yrs for a new phone. I find it funny that my current phone didnt even last as long as my current Bell contract - and I am being forced to fork out more money in either scenario...Frustrated!!! 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Trapped between Blackberry Warranty and Bell Service provider

There is only a one-year manufacturer warranty on the BlackBerry so you're not caught in between. You're dealing with your carrier and your insurance plan.

As for the issue at hand, it sounds to me like a worn out battery. See if you can get a replacement from eBay, Amazon, BB, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Trapped between Blackberry Warranty and Bell Service provider

Thanks!

Sorry, guess I should have titled it trapped between *expired* blackberry warranty and too early into my 3 year contract with Bell to upgrade and Insurance plan will only replace it with refurbished old model phone but charge me $150 for it, and not able to repair as per insurance plan as Bell stores no longer have loaners for this model.

Will check into a new battery...