12-22-2008 12:03 PM
I am going to be traveling to Argentina sometime between the middle and end of January. I have a World Edition 8830 BB on the Sprint network. I have not used my phone yet to travel Internationally. I have no idea what I need to do in order to use my 8830 overseas or how it all works. Can someone help by answering the following questions:
1) How do I get my 8830 ready to use in Argentina?
2) Are all services available overseas? i.e. SMS Messaging, emails
3) Are there roaming charges for every phone call? and if so how much generally will it cost?
4) How long will it take for Sprint to have my phone ready to use? Is it instantaneous when I call, or is there lag time.
5) Will I have to use international country codes when I am in Argentina to call Argentina? How about calling to the US from Argentina?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me on these questions.
12-23-2008 12:43 AM
12-23-2008 11:28 AM
Hi vdl68, sorry but you're wrong.
With a Pre paid sim you have access only to the phone, no mail, no messenger, nothing.
And can you explain to us how can you put a prepaid sim card in a CDMA handset?
12-24-2008 07:44 PM
Before you open up your mouth, my advice to you is you should do some research.
One other fact is that the 8830 is a World Phone which has a Sim Card Slot for use to roam in a International GSM network. (800MH- 1900MHZ) You can't use here in the state cause we use the 850MHZ.
Do you want me to teach you more about how phone work? Like how a cell phone talk to a tower?? LOL....and it's not by sign langage.
I was planing on getting a 8830, just to put it in my collection of Blackberry I have and other phone I have..but I do not like how Verzion brand thier phone.