Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Trouble Deleting Medial Files!!!

I have the Curve 8330, and I'm having a lot of trouble deleting media files.  I have a couple of videos that come from other cell phone users.  They were taken from their phone and sent to mine.  I have gone to the "Media file" icon, then clicked videos, then clicked options, then delete.  This makes the file unable to be viewed, but it does not take the file name out of the list of medial files/videos on my phone.  Has anyone else had this problem, and if so do you have  a solution?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Trouble Deleting Medial Files!!!

What type of media files you're talking about?

Did you try having a restart after deleting the files? What is your device OS version?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

3gp file is one of the formats. It was a video sent from one cell to another. It will not let me play the vid after deleting it, but the name remains in the media/video section. I have restarted the phone several times since I deleted the files but it has not fixed the problem.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Download and install Desktop Manager 4.7 with Media Manager and plug your phone into your PC and use media manager to delete the file. See if that works
New Contributor

hey I plugged my phone into the media manager.  i believe that is the program that come in the box with my phone.  it has several different options, but I attempted to go to manage media.  It doesnt show the files that are on my phone, but only shows files that are on my computer.  It did have a small note at the bottom of the screen that says this:

DOES MY BLACKBERRY WORK WITH MEDIA MANAGER FOR BLACKBERRY?

IF YOU HAVE A MEDIA CARD ENABLED BLACKBERRY (R) DEVICE WITH MEDIA CARD SUPPORT, THEN YOU CAN USE THIS SOFTWARE TO MANAGE YOUR MEDIA FILES.  IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE OF THESE BLACKBERRY MODELS THEN THIS SOFTWARE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MANAGE YOUR DEVICE. 

ok so what in the world is all that? i have the curve 8330 on the verizon network.  i did not purchase an extra card from the store, so i haven't added anything to the phone. 

New Contributor

ok i figured out a little bit more of what the last person that responded was talking about.  i did connect it to the media manager, but it doesnt show those files listed.  it showed my downloaded ringtones, pictures that i had taken, etc.  it does not have the m listed.  so how does the phone show the file name, but doesnt let you play it, and will not remove the file once you delete it? 
Forums Veteran I

83xx series works with media manager. might have an older version.

Bottom left hand corner of Desktop manager on the main screen will tell you the version.

Make sure its 4.7

if not uninstall it, download and install 4.7

once installed you open desktop manager, click on "media", media Manager click on "star"

click on "view connected devices" (hopefully your device is already plugged in)

you will get a 4 box window, top 2 will be your PC, bottom 2 will be your blackberry

hope that helps

New Contributor

ok so i had the 4.5 version.  i deleted it, and then i instalelled 4.7.  i noticed very little differences between the two, but i wanted to try everything.  i went through the step by step directions as far as locating my device etc, but the same problem exist. i located the video folder, but it does not have the videos in it that are on my phone.  once again, the files aren't actually on my phone anymore, but the names of the files continue to stay in the media/videos folder. 
New Contributor

i'm wondering if i should just wipe the phone clean?  meaning erase it and set it back to default settings. the only thing is that i'm wondering if this is going to be the case every single time i receive a video file?
Forums Veteran I

Are these files ghosting on the media card or on the device memory?

if they are on the media card, use media manager to pull what media you want saved onto your PC, then format your media card, then put those files back

Options-media card-menu button- format card