Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Trouble Setting Up BIS

Hi, 

I recently bought a Blackberry Curve and put my old Vodafone SIM in it. I then switched to the Blackberry Internet Freebee and topped up. Vodafone says I have 100MB Internet usage but my phone doesnt seem to have recognized and won't connect to the internet. I've read on some other forums to register under the Host Routing Table but mine's empty and nothing happens when I register. Can anyone lend a hand?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry®PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

Re: Trouble Setting Up BIS

Hi.

Please make sure the SIM is registered to the BB Device and that your network service provider has actgivated your BlackBerry Internet Seervices.

I get around 100mb of internet from my service provider each month, this however, doesn't allow me to use the BB Devices features, its the BIS that you Pay £5 per month for, that allows you to use all BB features
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi thehallybop

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I would suggest  call Vodafone again to cross check if they have activated your old Pre -Paid SIM Card on there database.They have to register your device .Or else it will not allow. 

Thanks.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I have a Vodafone Freebee which give me access to BIS if I top up £10. Vodafone says they've activated it but my Blackberry say I'm not connected. How do I register my mobile wiht Vodafone, is there a number I can ring or is it online?

Elite II

thehallybop wrote:

I have a Vodafone Freebee which give me access to BIS if I top up £10. Vodafone says they've activated it but my Blackberry say I'm not connected. How do I register my mobile wiht Vodafone, is there a number I can ring or is it online?

Hi the hallybop

Its good if you already topup and it allow BIS. But it only your Carrier ( Vodafone ) who can register your device and activate BIS  on your account. Fot that you have to call Vodafone .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

So do I just ring the Vodafone Customer Services
Elite II

thehallybop wrote:
So do I just ring the Vodafone Customer Services

Every Carriers have there own sets of rules,some Carrier allows or activate  over a Simple call , some just by a simple SMS and some do require to contact them personally , So please call Vodafone and see if they activate over a call .

Good luck.