Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Trouble Synchronizing to Outlook 2007

Hello,

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330. I am running Desktop Manager v 4.7 (newly installed) and my application versions on my Blackberry are version 4.5.

All I am attempting to do is synchronize my calendar appointments in Outlook 2007 to my Blackberry Device. I read the users guide, followed the setup process and it sees my profile within outlook (set to default Outlook profile). Once it completes the setup process it attempts to synchronize and it fails. I get the following error message:

"No Available Message Store"

I searched the forums for answers and all I got was this very unhelpful message from the Blackberry Support and Service Page: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15564&slic... 

[" Synchronization with Microsoft Office Outlook Connector and Outlook Mobile Service are not supported configurations."]

Please help, as I need to get this function working ASAP Smiley Tongue

any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Mac

New Contributor

Re: Trouble Synchronizing to Outlook 2007

Okay...I did a little more Googling and found the answer:

The root problem was with a corrupted or incompatible version of MAPI32.dll with the Blackberry Desktop Manager and Microsoft Outlook. Given the problem and the tools that Microsoft provides in Windows XP and Windows Vista, you can accomplish the fix in less than 5 minutes.

Here are the steps...

1. Optional (I did not follow and it worked): Exit out of both the Blackberry Desktop Manager and Microsoft Outlook clients. Make sure that in your task manager that the process Outlook.exe is not running.

2. In the default Windows XP or Windows Vista installation go to the folder C:\Windows\System32. You can also get there by typing in %systemroot%\system32 into the Start --> Run prompt.

3. In the System32 folder, find the file "MAPI32.dll" and rename it to "MAPI32.dll.old" or similar.

4. In the System32 folder, there is another file called "FIXMAPI.EXE" that may just show as FIXMAPI depending on your configuration. Double-click it to execute the file, it will create a new version of MAPI32.dll.

5. Verify the new file in your System32 folder. You may need to hit F5 to or go to View --> Refresh in order to show the newly created file.

Now start up the Blackberry Desktop Manager and re-configure the synchronization feature. The error message Microsoft Outlook Connector Error - No available message stores should not longer be there!

The complete article is at the following link: http://www.somelifeblog.com/2008/11/noavailablemessagestoresblackberrysyncf.html

Thank you Mr. Ken Hanscom for figuring this out!!!!  Woo Hoo I am back in business.

~ mAC

sounds great and I followed the steps, but its not letting me even rename the file. Any solutions? Also, should it be successful, will it synchronize the outlook calender as well? I used to have a palm centro and wanted to pull my calender info into outlook, but that didnt work either. Thanks.Jordana
New Contributor

I followed these steps preciseley - and I reset and reconfigured synch settings, but it continues to state "No Availiable Message Stores" when I click "Finish" at the end of configuring any of the services (contacts, calendar, notes, tasks).:smileysad:

Using:

XP sp3

Outlook 2007 (w/ Outlook Connector for synching of Hotmail)

BB Desktop 5.0

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

HI jordana,

Thats why you do option #1 - if outlook, or ANY program using the mapi32.dll file, then you cant rename the file...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

:smileyindifferent: