Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Trouble connecting playbook to windows PC when using AVG Internet Security and USB cable ?

I have spent ages trying to get my PC (windows 7 64bit ) to talk to the Playbook. I found the following:

Windows device manager sees the playbook and will let me back up and restore but not to see the files on the Playbook. Desktop software says problem with connection. On the "computer" window it shows drives but not the Playbook. Only hard drive and DVD drives. Looks like AVG is blocking the USB and as yet they have not come up with a solution and latest software wont let you manually configure the firewall other than allow and block (previous versions allowed you to config inbound and outbound rules)

Elsewhere on the forums a solution was provided but it meant leaving the firewall set to "off" or "allow all" which really is a waste of time having a firewall at all.

Please try this and see if it resolves your problems, It sorted it for me !

Remove AVG Internet Security 2014

Load AVG antivirus 2014 ( freeware) so now you are OK for antivirus protection

Load Microsoft Security Essentials (freeware) so now you are  OK for firewall protection

Playbook now talks and can be configured, also the contents of the playbook drive can be seen alongside your PC drives and DVD drives in the "computer" window of your PC  The playbook drive has now been allowed to be mounted where as it was blocked before

I know how frustrating this can be I have spent ages on it ..so give it a try