Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9300 3G v5.0.0.832
My Carrier: Rogers

Trouble making picture from browser as wallpaper

I used to own a Curve 9300 version 5.  Now I have the curve 9300 Version 6OS.

on my old curve it was easy to just put a picture i found from my web browser and set it as my wallpaper. I would just go to google, get the pic I wanted, click view actual size and then save it and set it as my wall paper and the image would then cover the entire screen without being pixilated.

now when i go to google I cant even click the image to view it, I have to right click it and click view image and there is no option for me to view the actual size. So when I save it and set it to my wallpaper, I just get black bars around my screen with the image in the middle.

The other issue I found is I cant upload larger file images. I was able to on my last phone but with the v.6os, It will say the file is too big and will only allow me to view a section of the entire image.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? It means I cant view images properly. I was also planning on getting a skin that comes with a wallpaper download but now I dont think the download will work on this phone.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks!