Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Trouble with App world

Has anyone else experience app world lags when trying to search or connect?  My storm remained on the loading screen for more than 10 minutes.  I really wish rim and/or blackberry would develop some web portal that one can access using a pc to browse the current apps.  It take too much time and really is not worth searching on the phone.  Previously when I used the Iphone it was so much easier browsing for applications and the purchase was a sinch.  It is not the same with blackberry and it should be improved.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Trouble with App world

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Yes, AppWorld is terribly slow the first time you open a category. It seems to download everything about the category -- I notice that, if I am patient and let it complete, the next time I enter that category it will be much faster...so it seems to be caching everything, which takes time to download that first time.

At present, there is no web-based portal...AppWorld is designed to be run from the device and present apps which are compatible only with your device...there would be no way for it to do that if not run from the device itself. As to if anything will change in the future, no one can say.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................