Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Trouble with Changing my Blackberry ID Password

First, please forgive me if this is not the correct forum.

For the past 4 days, I have been having trouble changing the password for my Blackberry ID.  I received a notification from Facebook and BBM that new versions were available.  When I was prompted for my BB ID password, it told me that the password was not correct (which I still don't believe was the case).  Anyhow, I followed the links to change my password.  I gave my correct security question, typed in a new password and pressed OK.  I got a message saying that there was an error processing my request.  I tried several more times and the system locked me out for 2 hours.  I followed these same steps again after 2 hours, and several more times over the last few days, only to get the same response.  During one attempt, the writing on the screen appeared in Spanish.  I did nothing to prompt the language change.  I have even updated my device software, thinking that maybe this was contributing to the problem.

Can someone please assist me with changing my password?  I have done everything I'm supposed to do and I keep getting this error message.  This is beyond frustrating at this point.  Please contact me as soon as possible.  Thank you.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Trouble with Changing my Blackberry ID Password

I have the exact same problem. Did u figure out how to change it yet?please let me know.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi there. I actually attempted to change the password myself again today, and was able to do it with no problem. Hope you're able to get yours working again. Smiley Happy
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mascom

I have the exact same problem, and I have been trying everything that I am prompted to do for over a month now. It is extremely frustrating:

My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: Sprint

I don't know what my password is.  So how can I deset it?  I've tried once before and lost all my data.  Now I'm going to lose it again.  I'm at my last guess of my password before I lose all my data.  What do I have to do so i don't lose my data?  I'm surprise that Blackberry hasn't published a fix for this. 

I'm not a happy camper right now.     Doit!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: MEP (0 left)

Blackberry ID Password Reset

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Blackberry-ID-Password-Reset/td-p/1684385

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if your issue is resolved. To give thanks, click thumbs up