Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: Car phone warhouse

Trouble with blackberry desktop manager.. please help

I have been using a blackberry for the last two years and never had this problem, i regulary create back up file uing the blackberry desktop manager, but last week damaged my phone and was sent a brand new one because it was insured luckily.. I recieved the new phone, charged it up and put my SIM and memory card into it, connected it to the laptop, but every time i connect it the blackberry deskop manager stops responding and the sigh 'blackberry desktop manager has stop working...' comes up and has to be closed down, so i cant restore my phone Smiley Sad I have tried my sisters blackberry and it all works fine with hers.. any ideas?

Thankyou so much in advance

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Trouble with blackberry desktop manager.. please help

What version of the Desktop Software are you trying to use? The logical step would be to uninstall the Desktop Software and then redownload and reinstall it. The one thing to be aware of is that if you're using an old version of Desktop Manager, there may be some compatibility issues with the new Desktop Software. There may also be some compatibility issues with the OS 7.1 devices and older versions of the Desktop Manager, which could explain why its not working for you now.

After uninstalling the current Desktop Manager, you can download the new version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software from http://blackberry.com/desktop.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!