Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Troubleshooting Contact Groups

I've searched through the forums, but couldn't find an answer to this one, so am hoping someone on here can help.

I recently switched from the 9700 to 9900. On the 9700 I had a couple of contact groups (email and sms) that had approximately 50 members. When I switched phones those groups did not transfer over. 

Now I'm trying to recreate the groups and can't. The first time I tried, I added all the contacts to a group, but it just wouldn't save. I tried clicking Save Group, nothing happened. I tried escaping and when the Save, Discard, Cancel option popped up, I chose Save and nothing happened. I could however discard or cancel. 

Since I didn't want to do add them all again and have the same problem, I added a couple and then saved it. It saved without issues, but when I tried to add even one more member to the group I ran into the same problem with it not saving. I've tried rebooting (soft and battery pull), but nothing helped. 

Anyone have any suggestions?????

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Troubleshooting Contact Groups

Why don't you backup your Address Book (via the Desktop Software or BBProtect) and then completely delete your Address Book from the new BlackBerry.

Restore the address book from your back and try again to create the groups.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately it had no effect on the problem.  

Where did you back up and restore from?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

I am having the same problem, but with "Media Options" I can't save my changes. I am only able to to "Discard" or "Cancel".

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with my Torch 9810. I tried creating a group and dilligently spent the time adding and entering each contact individually and then adding them to the Group.

It would not let me save, on cancel or disgard.

I've been searching for a resolution to this problem for quite some time. This is frustrating... Hence, maybeswitching.

I appreciate any help!

New Contributor

I used the desktop manager to back up, delete and restore my contacts.  Still no luck.  This is an important function for me, and would really really like to solve this.  

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

I would love it if a BB tech rep could respond or answer to this issue. It seems the idea of community forums has changed from a low-maintenance outlet for Product developers to trend and reach out to customers experiencing issues in a timely fashion into  a bottomless pit of endless questions which only serve to deflect interruption and keep costs of customer service down. What's happening to RIM?

maybeswitching wrote:

I would love it if a BB tech rep could respond or answer to this issue. It seems the idea of community forums has changed from a low-maintenance outlet for Product developers to trend and reach out to customers experiencing issues in a timely fashion into  a bottomless pit of endless questions which only serve to deflect interruption and keep costs of customer service down.

1. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

2. Obviously it keeps the cost of customer service, down. We work for peanuts. Of course, you could also choose to call your Rogers customer service tech support, per the contract you have with Rogers for tech support for your 9810. Right?

Anyway, your post on this topic is somewhat offtopic in this thread. Let's stick to the original poster's topic for support rather a discussion of customer service costs and your snide remarks. It just doesn't fit here.

Knowledge Base Updates

thebrat_75 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately it had no effect on the problem.  

@thebrat75, I've finally had a minute to sit down and test this on my 9850, OS 7.0.0.362
I can confirm mine will not save either.

I can create and save the initial NEW group, but subsequent changes to the group will not save.

Meanwhile, I have asked a friend to look at this thread.

Knowledge Base Updates