Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Consumer Cellular

Troubleshooting my 2nd hand Torch

I was recently given an old Torch 9800 by my Dad that he got from his work, and got a SIM card for it from Consumer Cellular. The plan that I've bought through consumer cellular includes data. So far, I am having two major problems that I can't seem to fix. 

First problem: When I try to set up email, I am prompted for enterprise activation, which I assume means there is still the IT policy on it. The problem is, multiple full factory wipes through BBSAK and the command prompt have failed to remove it. 

Second problem: I am completely unable to access the app store, or any of the various connected programs such as facebook. I always receive a message either that I'm on a data service that doesn't support the app, or that data is simply not operational. When I had the phone but had not yet receive my sim card from Consumer Cellular, I was able to get into these programs through the WIFI at my home. Now I can't even access them through the WIFI, let alone through my data plan.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm happy to provide more details.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Troubleshooting my 2nd hand Torch

Hi stophjs

Welcome to Blackberry Support Forums

For you first problem you have to activate BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on your account if you want to use those personal email services, So call your Carrier to activate that on your SIM card account .

For you second problem , If you want to access those BlackBerry Applications like Facebbok for BlackBerry, Twitter or BlackBerry App World over you mobile network you again need a BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS.However you can access those over wifi .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.