Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Proximus

Troubleshooting with WIFI (Wifi displays a minus icon)

Hi

I've been googling this issue for hours and hours, there seem to be lots of people who have this problem but none of the solutions work for me.

The problem is I can connect to my router but I can't reach internet access. When I connect to my router the wifi icon turns grey and when I go to "Manage Connections", it shows a white minus in a black box at the right side (which should be a green V if it works right). If I try using WIFI I turn off my mobile network to prevent to go on mobile internet (I don't have a data plan) because it costs much. 

If I try going to a webpage in my browser it just keeps loading forever. 

I've tried these solutions so far:

- Manage connections > mobile network options > Data services and while roaming are both set to On

- While in browser > blackberry home button > options > general properties > standard browser 'Hotspotbrowser'

- Changing router channels to all possible channels, none of them worked

- Changing my router security to no security, didn't work

Now the very strange thing is that when I'm using the Blackberry Facebook App I CAN connect to facebook, I can view latest feeds etc,.. This is when mobile network is switched off and WIFI turned on and connected to my router.

My WIFI isn't broke because if I tried it at my grandmothers house it did work perfect and fast, there was a green V in the manage connections thing. So I suppose it has to do something with my router settings (although I've tried changing most of them but that didn't work)

Please if you know any advice, or if you know how to fix this problem post a solution here

Thanks

Sand357