Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Trying to cancel an App subscription

Sunday evening I downloaded the TeleNav App from BB App World. Obviousely I did not read the TOS from top to bottom. After installing the App I discovered it was only a 14 day free trial, thereafter I would be charged $9.99 to my cell phone bill. I sent TeleNav an email rightaway to cancel. I just called them and they said I could not cancel through them. The rep said I needed to call Pay Pal???  He also gave me a link to go to and try to cancel that way...nope, no good. All I want to do is make sure I don't get dinged an extra $10.00. My wife and I both purchased BlackBerry's this weekend and the extra $30 each for data is a killer in itself. Any ideas on how I can make sure I do not get charged for that App? I already deleted the App....thanks
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Trying to cancel an App subscription

geddes52 wrote:
The rep said I needed to call Pay Pal??? 

Is that a question?

Since you purchased the application via PayPal, that would be a good place to dispute or cancel the payment.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No I did not order through PayPal. I do not have a PayPal acct. The rep at TeleNav said I should call them. Why I do not know. when I downloaded the App and I finally went through the TOS, said one of the billing options is that the charge will be added to my Verizon bill. The App was downloaded via BB App World. I am just trying to avoid any charges for the App that I have deleted.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

geddes52 wrote:
No I did not order through PayPal. I do not have a PayPal acct. The rep at TeleNav said I should call them. Why I do not know. .

Because the AppWorld apps are billed through PayPal.

geddes52 wrote:
  the TOS, said one of the billing options is that the charge will be added to my Verizon bill.

Then you might also call your carrier to ask them not to allow any charges from TeleNav.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code