Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Turn off Touch Screen on Blackberry Bold 9900

One of our users upgraded to the Blackberry Bold 9900 primarily because of the improved keyboard and weight.  He is a longtime BB user most recently upgrading from an earlier Bold 9700 before that the 8800 series as well as earlier models.  He does not like the touch screen and it is driving him crazy.  I cannot find anything about turning it off.  How can you disable the touch screen on it?  I have seen posts on other sites requesting this, but have seen no solutions, other than adjusting the sensitivity.  He just wants it not to react at all. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Turn off Touch Screen on Blackberry Bold 9900

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to say there's no way to turn off the touch screen. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: phones 4u

Re: Turn off Touch Screen on Blackberry Bold 9900

Disappointed to find I can't disable the touch screen. I've had a Bold 9900 for just over a week now and it's starting to drive me crazy. On a call it went to speaker phone for whatever reason, it 'unlocked' in my pocket and made a call to someone and various other irritations. In the end, I'd rather not have touch screen enabled or at least have the option according to how I'm using the thing. Blackberry - sort this out please.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: StarHub

Turn off Touch Screen on Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi,

Is there a way to configure the Bold 9900 to send out email via track-pad selection instead of touching the tiny little envelope icon on the top right corner ? Due to the small screen, it is prone to finger touching the corners ot the screen and send out the email accidentally. It happened to me twice and on one occassion, I wasin the midst of drafting the email in response to a nasty email and 'bam', it went out half-way typing. As you can imagine, it is very embarassing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.