Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700 bb desktop manager 5.0.1.18 aug 21 2009
My Carrier: att

Turn off Wireless Sync on a BlackBerry through BlackBerry desktop

I've had my durable bb bold 9700 for 3 years and the screen has finally gone out, but not the device. I was able to perform a back up IDP file via bb desktop manager 5.0.1.18. Unfortunately, I became comfortable with the reliability and never figured out how to turn off the wireless sync opotion. Now I'm in trouble. Is the a way to turn off the wireless sync option on the device through bb desktop manager or another app?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Turn off Wireless Sync on a BlackBerry through BlackBerry desktop

Hello,

Nope...I don't think there is any way to do that. But, then again, why? The device is useless, so you can use the Desktop Software to perform a WIPE and clear everything off of it. Unless I'm missing something?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700 bb desktop manager 5.0.1.18 aug 21 2009
My Carrier: att

The problem I have is my desktop doesn't see the light of day (I.e. No Internet connection) so no wireless sync available to bb device. If I restore the IPD file to a new bb bold device and attempt to sync that via usb with the desktop will that bring everything over from the old device (I.e. no truncated data)?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Ummm...so now the desire is to restore from an existing IPD to a new device. Do I have that right? The capability of the old device is not relevant in any respect. Right? Sorry, but I'm a little confused as to what you situation and desire really is.

So, yes...you can restore to a different BB from an existing IPD file. But, for the data that is part of the sync process, you might actually be better off just creating a brand new sync process between the PC and the new BB. That way, you can be sure that all is configured right between the two of them, and just ignore the data from the old BB. Of course, this is only useful if the data on the PC is already complete...if you need the data from that old BB in order to merge the two, then that's indeed more challenging.

Hopefully that helps you a bit...if not, please try to clearly and carefully explain what you actual situation is, for it's not totally clear to me just yet.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64GB, Curve 9380
My Carrier: EE and O2 UK

What you need is software to display your Blackberry's screen image on your PC so you can see where you are in the menus to turn the Wireless Sync off for your PIM components.

I've used BBScreenStream successfully in the past but can't verify it works on anything higher than BBOS 5.

http://oppitronic.de/pb/ouiVC.php#BBScreenStream

There may be other utilities out there if that doesn't work, I haven't looked for years.

Hope that helps,

Johnny