Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Turn off holster setting?

I have a problem with cracking my phone screen so I purchased a front flip case that covers the screen when not in use and I just flip the front of the case open to anwser a call or use my phone.  My problem now is that when I flip the case lid open it shifts the phone enough in the case that sometimes it flickers between the display being off and on.  This case was supposedly made to not have to remove the phone from the case when in use.  I am assuming that this is due to the magnets and it is triggering the holster setting.  Is there anyway to turn this "display turns off" setting when its in a holster?  Thank you for any responses!

Developer
My Device: 7230, 8700, 8820, 9000

Re: Turn off holster setting?

[ Edited ]

Try writing a simple application that does:

while (true)

{

Backlight.enable(true, 255);

try

{

sleep(254);

}

catch (InterruptedException e) {}

}

Earl

Message Edited by eaoliver on 08-07-2008 09:43 PM
Earl Oliver
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

lindsey_lks wrote:
I am assuming that this is due to the magnets and it is triggering the holster setting.  Is there anyway to turn this "display turns off" setting when its in a holster?  Thank you for any responses!
I guess you'll have to either change your case, either open it to remove the metal part in it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you very much for the information.  After lots of messing with it last night  I discovered what the problem is.  The front of the flip cover has a magnetic latch.  When I open the front of the case and hold it onto the back of the phone it is triggering the holster setting.  As long as I don't hold the front flip part of the case directly to the back of the phone case I have no problem.  Thank you again for your input.