Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Turning off Voice Mail Message text alert 8830?

Man MadIf I miss a call then the phone creates an icon that I have one voicemail message, this is a good thing. But the phone also lists a voice mail call in the messages list that I have to select and delete that I would like to turn off. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off?

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Turning off Voice Mail Message text alert 8830?

If you open the phone app, click for the menu, and select Options/Call Logging.  It will let you select what type of calls should be displayed in your message list.
posted by DigitalFrog

I have the same issue and it is really annoying.  Why should they send me a text if I already have an Icon saying the same thing that I have a voice mail.  I tried the Options/Call Logging and it is already set to NONE however I still get the texts.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me get rid of these annoying texts!!!
New Contributor

HOW DO YOU OPEN THE PHONE APP?
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

It's actual name is Call Log - it's the one with a phone hadset as the icon.
posted by DigitalFrog

Even if you switch settings in the call log it does not stop it from sending you texts that you have a voice mail.  Really annoying.
Contributor

The text will come from your carrier, it wont be a BlackBerry function. You may be able to change this by dialling in to your mailbox and changing the options, or you may have to contact your carrier.

It is not a carrier issue.  I have spent a couple hours and 3 calls to Verizon and they assure me that it is within the phone itself.  The proof is that there is no call or reply to option in the message.  It just says voicemail and does not allow a reply. 

This is an internal Blackberry issue, and it is a bad one. RIM needs to get their act together.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8830

[ Edited ]

<rant>

>This is an internal Blackberry issue, and it is a bad one. RIM needs to get their act together.

I'm very new to owning a BB and by no means a crackberry Nazi, but I take a little offense at your suggestion that this is a bad bug. Being a software developer I hear this from customers daily and to be honest, it gets them nowhere when they whine about their tiny issue being a huge problem in the product. With that being said, I am sure that your voicemail notification in your message list isn't really a BAD issue. It's more of a minor annoyance. If you couldn't access voicemail at all then I would say that you have a bad issue on your hands. Why not just report the issues and let the BB team handle them. Don't prioritize issues for them. From my experience, if I were on the BB dev team then your issue would permanently be at the end of the queue until I absolutely had nothing at all better to do with my day.

</rant>

Message Edited by mstaszew on 07-16-2008 12:37 PM