Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Turning off by it's self

My Curve keeps shutting off on it's own.  Just got a brand new battery and still the same problem.  Right in the middle of calls; just on stand by.  No consistency in when the probelm occurs.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Turning off by it's self

What kind of device do you have and what OS is installed on it?  It may be time for an OS upgrade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

It's an 8300 Curve and looks like version 2.4.2.2.89.  All I can tell for the OS is that it says it is Java powered.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

That's a pretty old OS.  There have been many OS upgrades since that one.  I highly recommend upgrading.  Your should check with your carrier to see what is available.

Another thing to check is to make sure that the sim card is inserted and the latch locked completely.  A loose sim card can cause reboots, as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks.  I've re-seated the SIM and will check on the updates.  Appreciate the help