Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Turning the Ringer Off with Headphones In

This isn't the biggest issue, and if there is no way to fix it I won't be upset. I recently upgraded from the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 to the BlackBerry Curve 8900. I use my Curve to listen to Music in the Media files frequently.

With the Pearl, when my headphones were in (which have a microphone attached), and I was listening to music I would receive a call and the music would stop, the ringer would ring only into the headphones and not on the actual phone. This was nice when I would be in the library or the bus, so my obnoxiously loud ringer wouldn't be heard by everyone around me, it would only be heard by me via the headphones. 

I cannot remember what I need to do to in order for this setting to be enabled again. I can hear text message noises and can talk when someone calls through the mic-headphone. I simply want to be able to make the ring go into the headphones, as well.

Please help me out! The people on the bus are about ready to take me down.

Thank you!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Turning the Ringer Off with Headphones In

I couldnt find this option either, what I'm doing is just switching the profile to vibrate only. if though I might not feel it vibrating it still switches the music you are listening too off, so at least i know when its silent i know someone is trying to call, depending on how long you have set your time to the mailbox tho, as it you might mistake it for a pause between tracks lol.