Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Turning the sound off when dialing nimbers?

I just purchased the BlackBerry Curve through Verizon and i am trying to figure out if there is a way to turn off the numbers pad so that when you dial a number it doesnt make any noise.I noticed the letters dont make any noise just the numbers.Is there a way to turn that off??if so please let me know

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Turning the sound off when dialing nimbers?

Unfortunately, the only way to turn off the key tones when dialling out is to set the ringer profile to "Quiet". Keep in mind that this will also mute all ringers and notifications as well. There is no way around this unless RIM introduces a separate function to control dialpad tones in a firmware update.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: UK Voda

If you want to keep the number pad quiet and the only way to do that is to use the quiety profile then you could go into each sound and sdet it to whatever your normal profile is set at. This might work and be the answer to your problem. Fingers crossed, let me know how you get on.
My Device: Not Specified

actually there is a way to turn off the key tone without putting your profile on quiet. open up the options menu and select screen/keyboard. scroll down to key tone and turn it off.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: UK Voda

Re: Re: Turning the sound off when dialing nimbers?

That does turn off the keypad tones but not the number keys when entering a phone number, I have mine set to off and the numbers still make a noise.
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi, is there a solution now to switch off the dial tone on key pad without switching the phone to silent in (BB Z10)

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TDC

Not a new question, just wanted to say that I'd really like to see this feature too. Please give us a setting that allows silent use of the keyboard in telephone mode that works without having to switch to 'silent' or 'vibrate' 

7290 - 8707v - Pearl 8100 - Pearl 8110 - Pearl 3G 9105 - Bold 9700 - Bold 9780 - PlayBook 64Gb - Bold Touch 9900 - Z10