Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Turns off and won't turn back on!!!!!!!

It is now the 4th time in two weeks that my phone will randomly shut itself down.  Today I took it off the charger (while it was on) and put it in my phone clip.  2 hours later I noticed it wasn't on.  The only way to turn it back on is to remove and re-install the battery.  Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Turns off and won't turn back on!!!!!!!

hoops2425 wrote:

It is now the 4th time in two weeks that my phone will randomly shut itself down.  Today I took it off the charger (while it was on) and put it in my phone clip.  2 hours later I noticed it wasn't on.  The only way to turn it back on is to remove and re-install the battery.  Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

If your phone is less then 1 year old, I would return it to where you bought it.  You get a one year mfg warranty aganist problems like this software issue.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Turns off and won't turn back on!!!!!!!

This happened to me for the past two weeks and what i did was i contacted the provider and asked for a problem they said it was the battery so they sent me a new battery and im currently testing it right now to see if that really is the problem.