Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: China Mobile

Twitter "username/password combination you provided is incorrect" while logging in

Got "The username/password you provided is incorrect, please try again" every time while signing in, and am pretty sure that the password I entered is correct, any ideas?

My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Twitter "username/password combination you provided is incorrect" while logging in

I'm having an identical problem.

I've verified that the username / password I am entering are correct (they wok directly on the Twitter website for instance)

Thanks for any help.  Would be great to try out this new Twitter BlackBerry app.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Twitter "username/password combination you provided is incorrect" while logging in

Hello,

I cannot recall - but does the password display on the BB in clear text? If so, please double-verify it completely. If it does not display in clear text, then it is my suspicion that this falls into the same realm as device lock passwords -- quite often, we think we are keying in certain characters when in fact something else is being keyed in...due to a key modifier (e.g., alt, caps, sym, etc.) being either in play or not (as the case may be). If the password field gives you a moment to see the actual characters you are entering (before it changes, for instance, to an *), then check those carefully against what you think you are keying it...you may find a surprise.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

No, it's not in clear text, i tried typing the password in the username field and copy/paste it to the password, and also tried it w/ BlackBerry Browser, the user/pwd works fine. 

this is what i got in the event log. 

Name: Twitter

GUID: ac4fef3deb0ea151

Time: Apr 16, 2010 03:54:45

BBRequest Error: net.rim.device.extra.app.twitter.bbcommons.transport.HttpRequestException: Request failed, response code: 401

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Strange indeed -- I've no ability to interpret the log information...sorry.

A couple of suspicions, though...see this KB. Are you on BES? If so, it could be blocked by IT Policy and or configuration.

Also, check the app permissions...make sure everything is set to Allow.

Also check your BB Firewall settings...make sure it's not somehow blocked.

Otherwise, you might need to seek out formal support -- which is provided by your carrier.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Vodafone

Having the same problem. Definitely entering the correct password.

Changed the permissions so everything was on 'allow', no difference.

Changed my password a few times and still no difference.

I would put it down to being on a BES except collegaues of mine have it working on the same server.

Back to UberTiwtter for me.

Contributor

Yes, it's on BES, no any IT policies, read the KB, everything well configured, app permission all set to "Allow", nothing in Firewall, wiped again and again, hehe. 

My carrier sucks, they only provide support for BBM, I am in China, I know that the China government blocks Twitter, but my BES server located in US, and since it's end to end encryption, i think it should be no problems at all, right? They blocks Facebook as well, but my Facebook app works well on my device. 

My Device: Blackberry Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

I had a similar issue when I first loaded OpenBeak, and I also can't currently log into the Twitter app.  For OpenBeak, I had to change my connection setting from WAP or BES to TCP because of my corporate enterprise settings.

Unfortunately, the Twitter app does not allow you to change the connection settings (at least not until you log in, which creates a problem, considering I can't log in).

TCP needs to be added as a connection choice, and the settings need to be accessed prior to being logged in.

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've also had this problem and problems with every app, but LinkedIn.

Today I tried setting permissions to promt and I was able to login to the Twitter app (it finally accepted my password), but it won't load tweets. I get the Twitter Services Not Available or No Tweets Available messages.

4Square now works since I set permissins to prompt.

Blackbird gets an API error. Blackbird worked until the26th of August, then stopped.

Ubertwitter used to work great, but with every upgrade got worse and then stopped working.

Facebook doesn't load, but I think that might be T-Mobile. Mine is a coporate phone.

We have a small overworked IT team that hasn't had a chance to check our server.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: verizon

Same my problem but not only me but i think all bb mobile here in saudi arabia by using mobily and stc network, we cant login twitter.