Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Two Message Settings on Blackberry Device

I recently purchased a Blackberry 8310 Curve. I have set up one email account  for my personal Verizon.net email which I believe is a POP server. For some reason I have two message icons on my device. One just indicates Messages and the other has my email address. I seem to be getting mostly the same messages in each file. That is, my email messages are showing up in both places. Also I keep getting these network@etp1103.etp messages. Is this normal or did I set up my account incorrectly. Would appreciate any advice.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Two Message Settings on Blackberry Device

The Messages folder is a repository for all messages from all accounts (like e-mail, text messages, picture messages), while the icon for the Verizon account will only show e-mail from that account. If you want you can hide the Messages folder so that only the Verizon icon shows, or vice versa (hide the Verizon folder one and just show the Messages folder. If you hide the Messages folder then be sure to separate your SMS Messages from your e-mail, so the SMS and MMS messages get their own folder. To do this go to Messages > Options > General Options and set the SMS and E-mail Inboxes option to Separate.

For the second issue, check the following link from the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center:

Network@etp Messages Arrive on the BlackBerry Smart Phone