Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Txt Messaging problem

Alright so i have had the torch for a week and love it except for this one problem:

I will receive a txt message and go to my notifications, but when i click on it to view it, it takes me to halfway through the conversation instead of the new part of the message. I have tried a battery pull and the software is upto date. This isnt something huge but its kind of annoying!

Anyone having this problem?

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Txt Messaging problem

ditto.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Same problem. I have been pushing the button in bottom right corner which sometimes takes me to the bottom of the message, otherwise I have been scrolling through the whole thing.

New Contributor
My Device: torch9800

When your text loads and you're in the middle....back once and click the same message and it'll pop right back up at the bottom. In most cases this is much faster than scrolling. It's become a reflex for me now and I completely forgot that my texts still had this issue.
New Contributor
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: Airtel

I am having the same problem.

Someone here please help.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Okay so im having exactly the same problem, but i have a bb bold 9780! Its sooooo frustrating, i wish they would update the software or something to get rid of it! Iv tried taking the battery out and rebooting and deleting the contact and deleting all the message data.. in summary, iv tried everything!! Does anyone have anyyy idea how to fix it, my boyfriend has the 9700 and he hasnt had a problem with it at all..

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

hockey4life wrote:

Alright so i have had the torch for a week and love it except for this one problem:

I will receive a txt message and go to my notifications, but when i click on it to view it, it takes me to halfway through the conversation instead of the new part of the message. I have tried a battery pull and the software is upto date. This isnt something huge but its kind of annoying!

Anyone having this problem?

Thanks

It is a bug with the current updated OS. On the Crackberry forum, some have downloaded that latest updated OS that has not yet been released by AT&T. Current OS update released by AT&T is .246. 

The non-official OS update is .450 and this issue has finally been corrected.

With the current .246 AT&T update, there is nothing that will correct this annoyance. 

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".