Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Typing on Bold 9700 adds a period whenever it feels like it.

I have an unlocked european Bold 9700, running 5.0.0.321 (platform 5.1.0.90).  However am using it in the US as an AT&T user/customer.

The biggest problem I have. Is the the keyboard whenever. I type a bbm, sms or. A email, will add a period, whenever it feels like it.  Then it will. Capitalize the next word, as if I were starting a new. Sentence.  So it will look like how I have typed it here.

Pretty crazy huh?  I tried rebooting, updating, sent service books and nothing works.  I will hit the spacebar key and it sometimes will act like I hit it twice.  

Need help because I paid a lot for the phone in England (I thinks it's a Rogers phone) and can't exchange it for a new AT&T version.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: Typing on Bold 9700 adds a period whenever it feels like it.

You need to change the settings for the spell check options... And uncheck the part where it spell checks while you type.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Problem is you are pressing the space bar long enough to get a key repeat (just as if you hold a letter key down). A double space bar press or two spaces because of a repeat is the shortcut for the end of a sentence, automatically putting the period in and capitalizing the next letter. A very useful shortcut but very annoying if you don't intend it, I'm sure.

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same problem and I am not pressing space bar twice of even for a longer period of time. It is getting worse and worse. Is there a. Way to undo the default to add a period when it thinks you have pushed the space bar. Twice?