Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 3

***UK*** 9900 - Coming from iPhone

Hi everyone,

I'm iPhone user and I want to try something different, so I decided to go to Blacberry 9900.

I'm currently on contract with iPhone 5 on Three: Unlimited internet, 2000mins, 5000 texts etc.

Do I need seperate plan for it?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: ***UK*** 9900 - Coming from iPhone

Your iPhone data plan will not work with your BlackBerry, unless you only want to talk and text.

BlackBerry phones route their data through the RIM servers, where it's compressed before being sent off to your phone.  In order for the data to understand what path to take, your phone needs service books which are sent when you subscribe to BIS, BlackBerry Internet Service.  Call your carrier and have them switch over your data plan to BIS.

By the way, you'll notice that you'll be using a LOT less data because of RIM's compression technology, so don't be afraid to surf away!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the BlackBerry family!  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 3

Thanks for reply!

I'm on unlimited, so there's no difference do I use 5GB or 500MB. Smiley Happy Of course it will download faster then.

I just texted my friend he says £5 additional to my contract which I already pay £39, so £44... :/ Its a bit expensive just for a try. Smiley Very Happy 

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I think you'll appreciate the added security that comes with owning a BlackBerry.  If I may make a suggestion, once you get your data plan switched to BIS and you're rolling with your new BlackBerry, download and install BlackBerry Desktop Software to your PC www.blackberry.com/desktop and do regular data backups.  I also highly recommend installing BlackBerry Protect www.blackberry.com/protect on your phone in case you ever lose your phone.

We solve many issues in these forums so please don't hesitate to ask if you're unsure of anything.  Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.