Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch
My Carrier: vodafone

UK service?

[ Edited ]

Yet again the Blackberry service in the UK has failed across all networks, and yet again there is nobody from Blackberry to talk too. Sell the shares and buy an I Phone... I shall be sending a charge for a wasted day, £250 per hour for 6 hours of missed business

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Tell us your story

richardaknight wrote:
Yet again the Blackberry service in the UK has failed across all networks, and yet again there is nobody from Blackberry to talk too. Sell the shares and buy an I Phone... I shall be sending a charge for a wasted day, £250 per hour for 6 hours of missed business

Yet again, someone has no clue what they're speaking of... "Blackberry service in the UK" is not failed across ANY networks right now.

And, you need to call your Vodafone tech support if you need live assistance to confirm that you're wrong. Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
My Device: torch
My Carrier: vodafone

That's what I have been doing for most of the day and some 30 minutes ago vodafone confirmed that there was a problem across ALL networks in the UK, that's why I cannot receive emails on my Blackberry... so get your fact correct... I have been dealing with this nonsense since 10.45 am

richardaknight wrote:

That's what I have been doing for most of the day and some 30 minutes ago vodafone confirmed that there was a problem across ALL networks in the UK, that's why I cannot receive emails on my Blackberry... so get your fact correct... I have been dealing with this nonsense since 10.45 am

Guess what, they're wrong. I am sitting here as we speak chatting with two friends from different parts of the UK, one on Vodafone and one on O2, both are good, full service, and all is well.

YOU might have an individual issue, or even a local cell mast issue. But there's nothing "UK-wide" happening.

Sorry. Your invoice is rejected! Smiley Wink (and I don't work for RIM, none of us here do, this is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.)

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

i agree with the other memeber i am also having a problem and vodafone are telling me its the RIM servers not allowing data traffic through its servers. i havent had service since tuesday

Event-Lighting wrote:

i agree with the other memeber i am also having a problem and vodafone are telling me its the RIM servers not allowing data traffic through its servers. i havent had service since tuesday

You need to call Vodafone back and have them escalate your issue to RIM level tech support.

There is no known outage in UK nor with Vodafone alone. They are simply lying to you. Demand a call escalation and get ON the phone with RIM to sort this out.

You likely have some other issue with missing service books, or even a problem with your Vodafone account not being provisioned correctly with the BlackBerry Data Plan.

Things you should try:

1) Register HRT:   (OS5) Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scoll to any line entry and > press the Menu key  > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

2) Resend Service Books:   KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Good Morning

I have just tried to speak to vodafone as my phone wont allow internet access or anything after the host registration text, i phoned them on 191 and the recorded message nnow states 'we ackonwledge that some customers are experiencing problems with blackberry services on vodafone and we are working hard to resolve this' i have been without service since tuesday but at least they now acknowledge the problem and it should be dealt with, i just though i would post an update to assist anyonelese having this problem.