Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rgers

UMA WIFI Calling issues

My residential area has poor coverage from Rogers and many of us use a Blackberry over Wifi or UMA, this problem is specific to the OS7.1 devices OS6 devices work flawless. The UMA service wont lock in, we all have to trick the phone into going into UMA.

We have to turn the various the wifi/mobile radios on and off repeatedly on the off chance the phone will switch to UMA, battery pulls dont solve the issue unless we ensure only the mobile network radio is on at the time off battery pull and then stand in the area where there is some reception while being in range of the wifi modem and turn the wifi on.

Its really the equivalent of playing twister with our OS7.1 devices. the phone should automatically go to UMA since its set to Wifi preferred calling but it will just sit in SOS mode or no service mode while its connected to wifi and BIS.

I have exhausted a lot of troubleshooting time and concluded  over the last 18months the software has a glitch and has to be snapped out of mobile network mode into Wifi calling mode.

Simply switching to Wifi calling only will just display "off" and only show BIS/Wifi connectivity, sometimes trying to make a few calls will snap it out and switch to UMA.

RIM please help!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: UMA WIFI Calling issues

I have this exact same issue!!! I can't count how many times my phone bugs out reception wise once I come into my wi-fi equipped apartment.

I'm now convinced the issue's with either Rogers or RIM.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!