Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

UMA problem with 8520

Hi, it makes more than a month now I have my Blackberry Curve 8520 and all is well. Unable to receive calls at home for the signal too weak to connect the blackberry was great on my wireless router and gives me the UMA network but added that last week the wireless network was working perfectly but the UMA is not working more. I called my company cell phone to tell me that it offers no support for the Blackberry. This unit is worth more than $ 600 and one month after the UMA does not work and I am just saying we do anything?? I did all the tests, we removed the battery, reset the router, I really do everything and nothing works .. I could understand if the problem has to spend at home but at work too. Does Blackberry little do something please?? Is this a problem of the device or network problem of blackberry?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: UMA problem with 8520

UMA is a product of the service provider you use.  Who is your wireless service provider?  They either support UMA or they don't. 

Did you change settings on the device under mobile network?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I'm with videotron in me at home on the Internet and wireless in the office I am with Bell and quoting one or the other UMA does not work last week and everything worked. I feel no more configuration and I try to reset my router and nothing has changed and my Fido cell company tell me that the problem is not them and they offer no support for the AMU.
I do not know what to do.

New Contributor

I did a soft reset on my 8520 and I also try to reset the original setting of my Blackberry. I also do the reset on the router at my work place has two and the house and did nothing to change the UMA does not work and does not call at this time  HELP ME PLEASE!

New Contributor

The problem is solved, it is my cellular provider that has cut service to bring charges. Disappointing to have a free service for over a year and be forced to pay after all this time. Really stupid!.