Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

UNFIXABLE problem

Hello all, first off I'm new to the forum and been browsing around here for quite a bit. Great forum with a lot of great information.

Well I just recently got my hands on a 8320. I bought it from ebay, but now I regret this. The ad claimed an unlocked 8320, It is a 8320 but it is RED and it says AT&T on the phone, which was weird to me, unless AT&T made a RED 8320 that I didn't know about.

So I put my SIM card in and everything works like texting, wifi etc, everything except calling out/in. When I place a call I get three tone beep and it says "Radio Path Unavailable" When someone tries to call me it rings once, the caller ID pop-up on my phone, and then brings them right to voicemail.

I have tried everything to get this phone to work. Hard/Soft resets, updating OS, clearing with JL_cmder and then reloading a new OS, just can't seem to get it to work.

I was on the phone with AT&T support thinking they could help me, they tried everything they could and couldn't figure out the problem. I also put my SIM into my friends 8310 and it worked 100%. So it is definitely the phone itself. Last night I even tried uploading T-mobiles OS and deleting the vendor.xml file, but still nothing. What is wierd it even with the new OS's the phone still starts up saying "AT&T"

Sorry for rant, just want to get this phone working and not feel like I was ripped off. Thanks you,

-Mike
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: UNFIXABLE problem

WelcSmiley Happyme to the forums!

Hopefully some of our support folk that are a whole lot smarter than me will be on here to help you with this real soon.  I am not sure about the whole lock/unlock phone situation. I do know ATT has a red curve.  My friend has one. (if that is any consolation!)  

Will try to research and recruit help here. 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Yeah I know that they have a red curve 8310 but not a red 8320. But anyway I was driving today with the phone, and I figured let me try to place a call... And it worked! the phone rang and the person picked up... I was able to hear the person, but they were UNABLE to hear me, maybe the phone saw another tower which made it work? ::shrug::... So I guess I have another problem on my hands now...

I am home now and did another batt removal to see if that would help with my new problem.. and now same thing again.. Radio Path Unavailable.. I think by doing the batt reset made the problem come back.. Now I guess I gotta wait to go out again for it to work... Really strange isnt it....

I guess my mic must be shot... I tried a voice recording and nothing Smiley Sad Is there a way to replace the mic? Or any other tips of what it might be? 

Thanks

-Mike
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

The only thing in the knowlegde base about the Radio Path Unavailable is to reseat the SIM card

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14679

Did you have your friend put their SIM card into the 8320 device to see if it would work ok?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Yeah she put in her SIM and the error came up, which is what makes me believe it is the phone.. But then today like I said it started to call, but my mic is shot.

Tomorrow I'm gonna call AT&T tech support and see if they can send a signal to the phone or activate the phone or whatever they can do that will help.. If you have any suggestions that I can ask them to do, would be greatly appreciated. 

Now I need to find a place to buy the part for fixing my microphone. So if anyone has a source where I could buy this part, please let me know. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

I would contact the seller...that's BS...Smiley Mad
Elite I

I agree. I'd return it if it wasn't too late.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

I did, he is yet to respond, and in the box when I recieved it he has a written poster saying "All phone fully tested NO RETURN" as soon as I saw that I panicked, and I was right.. I think I got ripped off by some **bleep** on ebay.. I dont know what to do... I don't think I should put money into this phone, and I can't sell it on ebay. I don't like to screw ppl over. I guess im out $200 bucks.
Elite I

If you check under Options | About what version of the software is loaded on the phone? It will be listed as v4.xx.x.xxx. If it's not at least 4.5, then you've got nothing to lose if you try updating the OS. It's a long shot that it'll fix the problem, but in reloading the OS it reloads the radio software. That'll rule out a software problem at least. AT&T might ask you to do that anyway so I'd try that first
New Contributor

Thanks for the reccomendation, I have been researching this problem non-stop for two days and did reinstall the updated OS. I also used a program called JL_cmder to completely wipe the phone and then did a clean install.

I'm thinking if I don't get it fixed by tomorrow I could offer up the phone to someone on the forum for cheap that could possibly fix it and resell it.